18 September 2017
WPA held a workshop this morning on air quality with senior representatives from Westminster City Council and key figures from the property industry.
The workshop was a call to action on the increasingly important topic of air pollution in Central London and looked to contribute to the upcoming Westminster City Council Air Quality Manifesto which will be launched at the Conservative Party Conference next month. Topics that were discussed included:
- Opportunities with new build developments to improve air quality
- The challenge of retrofitting to reduce air quality impacts
- Infrastructure required to support technological changes
- Consolidation of existing legislation and policy incentives for greener developments
- Increasing knowledge and skills sharing
Industry attendees included senior representatives from development companies, construction firms, consultants and occupiers who provided a broad range of expertise and experiences to feed into the above topics. Companies that attended included:
- Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands
- Momentum Transport Planning
- Sir Robert McAlpine
- The Crown Estate
- The Portman Estate
When published the City Council’s Air Quality Manifesto will be made available to all members on our website.